For the second year in a row, GSI was named to the list of Oregon’s 100 Best Green Workplaces in Oregon by Oregon Business magazine.
We are honored and proud to be included on this list. It is a testament to the work that our employee-led Green Team has done to push our company forward and reduce our carbon footprint. Efforts have included:
- Introducing composting in our kitchens
- Implementing an extra recycling program to collect non-curbside recyclables
- Conducting quarterly “trash audits” of kitchen and desk garbage and recycling cans
- Running eco-challenges and bike commuting challenges
- Installing low-flow faucets in our kitchens
- Purchasing carbon credits to offset the emissions of 69 percent of our business-related travel
In 2015, we earned the City of Portland’s Sustainability at Work Silver Certification, and we are currently working toward the Gold Certification.
Oregon Business will announce the order of the rankings at a luncheon on May 31.