GSI has helped the City of Bend secure and maximize its water rights since 2007.
GSI has provided comprehensive water resource managment and water rights consulting services to the City of Bend since 2007 and currently is the water rights consultant of record.
Drawing on our extensive familiarity with Oregon statues, rules, regulatory processes, and relevant state agencies, GSI worked with the City to:
- Negotiate the resolution of contested groundwater permits with the Oregon Water Resources Department and WaterWatch of Oregon
- Develop and implement a Water Rights Master Plan, which maximized and secured the City’s water rights
- Provide ongoing consulting services related to the Deschutes Basin Mitigation Program
- Provide water rights consulting services that supported the City’s Bridge Creek surface water pipeline replacement project. This work included participation in public meetings and regulatory hearings.
- Negotiate and secure groundwater mitigation permits, numerous permit extensions, water rights transfers (including instream transfers and leases for mitigation), permit amendments, and water right certificates.
- Developed a Water Management and Conservation Plan, which was promptly approved by the Oregon Water Resources Department
- Assist the City with its ongoing requirements to comply with water right conditions; long-term water supply planning efforts; and water rights evaluations.